Friday, January 1, 2010

design something every day: day 1

smashing magazine recently challenged designers to design something every day: take 15-20 minutes usually spent surfing the web and use it to design something-anything-everyday. so, true to my new year's resolutions, i designed something...a ring inspired by the plastic aerator from one of my vintage watering cans and all of the lob-lolly pine needles covering my yard: it fits into my herban elements collection of nature inspired art jewelry. the ring shank will be formed from a lost wax cast tree stamen; the aerator will be replicated in domed and drilled sterling silver and real pine needles (at least for the photo) will adorn it. everything else will have to be worked out in the shop. cool...day one is done.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I hope you post a picture when it's done. And, thanks for the inspiration to design everyday.

    ReplyDelete